I am a Senior Lecturer at the School of Technology at the University of Wolverhampton, UK. Previously, I was a post-doctoral researcher at the Statistical Cybermetrics Research Group, working for the European FP7 Funded project CyberEmotions. I am also the dissemination chair of the COST action MUMIA.
- Sentiment Analysis and Opinion Mining
- Natural Language Processing
- Machine Learning
- Information Retrieval
- Federated Search
- Peer-2-Peer Networks
- Non-English Information Retrieval
- Ph.D. from the Department of Applied Informatics of the University of Macedonia, Greece in the field of “Information Retrieval” (download thesis).
- M.Sc.at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki titled “Advanced Informatics and Communication Systems” (Specialization: Network Computing and e-commerce).
- Bachelor (Hons) in Mathematics from the Department of Mathematics of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.